Cole Engineering’s Project Management Office (PMO) consistently maintains the highest project management standards based on the principles of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) which are applied to each and every project. Clients rely on the standardization in approach which allows for the flexibility to address their individual needs.
The PMO approach ensures that the project management function is a focus separate from the engineering aspects and technical work streams, allowing for delegated responsibility and greater control of resources who are able to focus on their allocated areas of expertise while the Project Manager manages the project efficiently and effectively.The PMO:
Reasons Why Our Projects are Successful:
- Ensures the right people with the right skills are employed in the right areas for efficiency and effectiveness;
- Separates the technical functions of engineering from the project management aspects which assists in ensuring clear roles and responsibilities within the project team;
- Helps to improve the communication within project teams, clients and external stakeholders;
- Assists in reducing potential impacts of the most common failings of a project;
- Ensures collaboration which helps develop greater trust and improve relationships;
- Standardizes processes, policies, procedures and methods and allows benchmarking against current industry best practices;
- Ensures consistent reporting, including metrics, schedule, budget, change control;
- Acts as a Project Repository to retain knowledge and lessons learned; and,
- Preserves good governance throughout the project lifecycle.
- Clearly defined project requirements;
- Thoughful project planning;
- Detailed budget forecast;
- Stakeholder involvement;
- Change management process for scope changes;
- Establishment of appropriate client expectations;
- Realistic deadlines; and,
- Sufficient resources.