The Humber Sewage Pumping Station (SPS), located in the City of Vaughan, was constructed in 1982. Following a Capacity and Electrical Needs Assessment Study, Cole Engineering was retained to provide detailed design and tendering, contract administration and site inspection services. Upgrades carried out under this assignment include:
- New electrical substation with switchgear and 3MVA, 27.6 kV/600V transformer;
- Upgrades of the 600V bus from 2000A to 3000A to allow the concurrent operation of four pumps;
- SCADA system upgrade with new Allen Bradley ControlLogix PAC panel and associated instrumentation;
- New back up control panel for the pumps; and,
- Minimize throw away cost in consideration of the future expansion of the pumping station.