COLE was retained by the City of Toronto, to prepare a dewatering plan and environmental management plan for the proposed Stormwater Management and Roads Improvement Project, located in the Hoggs Hollow neighbourhood of the City of Toronto. As part of the proposed work, the need for water takings at rates greater than 50,000 L/day was identified. As such a Category 3 - Permit to Take Water (PTTW) for dewatering was submitted to the Ministry of the Environment (MOE).
The environmental monitoring included the following:
- Groundwater level monitoring in on-site monitoring wells;
- Groundwater quality sampling;
- Dewatering discharge flow monitoring;
- West Don River stream flow record review;
- West Don River water quality sampling; and
- Visual inspection of West Don River and outfall.