This special designation recognizes employers that offer the nation's best workplaces and programs for young people just starting their careers. The employers on this list are Canada's leaders in attracting and retaining younger employees to their organizations.
At COLE we ‘ASPIRE’ to offer our clients and communities the very best in who we are, and what we do. Empowering our staff to grow in their positions, take on challenges and develop long lasting working relationships is essential in developing and retaining our talent & culture at COLE. Our passionate employees reflect the diversity, creativity, skills and work ethic of the communities in which we live and work - our team is our number one asset!
Here are a couple reasons why COLE was selected as one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2019!
- COLE helps recent graduates gain career-level experience through a rotational program which features 3 to 4 placements in a variety of service sectors, including stormwater modelling and planning, land development, and transportation, to name a few -- participants are assigned a mentor and successful candidates can select a destination service sector upon program completion
- COLE manages a Young Professionals Group, which offers opportunities for co-op students and recent graduates to go on site field trips with experts, attend industry conferences, participate in social events and activities such as rock climbing and games nights, and lunch and learns on various technical and non-technical topics
Each employer is evaluated in terms of the programs they have to attract and retain younger workers. These include:
- benefits such as tuition assistance and the availability of co-op or work-study programs
- employer's mentorship and training programs
- review career management programs
- look at the average age of employees at each employer to better understand the composition and profile of their workforce.